Sunday, February 19, 2017


Once again, the “New Year’s” letter from the Jacobsons makes it out in the early Spring!  I wish I could claim that this was a strategic move to avoid the holiday mail rush, but in reality it just didn’t get done. Next year we will plan a Halloween letter and maybe it will arrive on time.


The Trailhead Program is in its fourth year, and as I reflect on the last year of ministry, I realize that there is little that is brand new. We didn’t welcome a new child this year, or kick off a new ministry initiative but that isn’t to say good things aren’t happening.  I have this old song in my head as I write:

 

Hello old friends

There’s really nothing new to say.

The old, old story bears repeating

And the same old truth grows dearer every day

Cause I’ve found something worth believing

And that’s a joy that nothing can take away.

 

Trailhead continues to provide opportunities to help young people understand that our faith is “worth believing.”  In addition to the standard scheduling, teaching and mentoring, I was even able to spend a week at Montana Wilderness School of the Bible in January teaching on the subject of “worldview and apologetics.” Developing and teaching this class was a great journey for me.  My life has been a string of difficult (sometimes scary) questions. It is tremendous to look back and see how many of them have been answered in the person of Christ.  I have no idea if the students were blessed by the class, but I was definitely blessed by the preparations.

 

So we meet again, after all these many years

Did we sow the seeds we're reaping?
Now that the harvest calls us here
It seems that love blooms out of season
And much joy can blossom from many tears

 

Laura is learning and growing as she pours out into things at home and camp. She continues to hold everything together in our house (other than the timing of me writing this letter) and Charlie and Mason are healthy young future-men. It isn’t uncommon at the dinner table for our boys to choose their food based on what will “make me strong.”  They are beginning to enjoy each other’s friendship. Both are happy and proud to be learners.  “Why?” is Mason’s favorite question and is his standard response to pretty much any statement. Charlie is learning his letters and will be writing his name soon. Please pray for us as we raise them.  It will take more than   venison and vegetables to produce the strength they will need in their lives.

 

So old friends you must forget what you had to forgive
And let love be stronger than the feelings
That rage and run beneath the bridge.
Knowing morning follows evening
Makes each new day come as a gift!   Rich Mullins

 

We are thankful for all of you.

May your Spring bring joy and hope with its reminders of life and growth.


Dan, Laura, Charlie & Mason

 
















No comments:

Post a Comment