Dear Friends and Family,
A couple of months have passed since the last formal update, and so it is time again to get everyone caught up on the support-raising adventure. Thanks to those of you who requested more frequent updates. We wanted to be sensitive and not over-do it! Here is our update:
- Getting close – We are currently about 70% supported! We got a little bit of a late start on our full-time fundraising due to busy schedules, so our initial September start-date has obviously come and gone. Things are progressing, though, and we will hopefully be at Camp before the end of the year.
- Fundraising is fun?? – Our meetings with family and friends have provided rare fellowship and a chance to get to know some of you in a totally different way. Thanks!
- No apartment, no full-time jobs!—We have stepped out of our apartment and full time job commitments as we reach the final stretch. Thanks to those who have offered housing during this time.
- A taste of our future – I (Dan) had the opportunity to speak on a high school trip this summer and Laura helped as well. Though we only got to serve for a week, I was reminded of God’s hand in this ministry and the special way He uses his creation to bring kids to believe. Some powerful testimonies from high school students!
- Still need financial partners – We have about 30% of our monthly support yet to go. We will not be able to join the staff until we are completely supported. Please pray for faithfulness and integrity as we try to complete this work in a way that honors the Lord.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Dan and Laura