Friday, April 4, 2014

Okay, after a major backlash (2 verbal comments which probably constitutes 50% of the people who read this) regarding the canoe post yesterday, I want to clarify that I didn't intend to say that the students have done anything wrong necessarily.

The canoe project has always been presented as an optional activity, and the disappointment I expressed was in regard to the realization I have been coming to that not everyone is interested in the same things I am. They simply haven't caught a vision for this project. They haven't seen the reward as worth the effort. 
I don't play video games or golf  for the same reason and that is okay.

I loved the idea of watching them enjoy the completion of this project and my disappointment is in the fact that it probably won't happen, not in the students themselves. They are great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment